This summer’s Teen Show is Legally Blonde, a fabulously fun award-winning musical based on the adored movie. Legally Blonde The Musical follows the transformation of Elle Woods as she tackles stereotypes and scandal in pursuit of her dreams. Action-packed and exploding with memorable songs and dynamic dances, this musical is so much fun, it should be illegal!
Elle Woods appears to have it all. Her life is turned upside down when her boyfriend Warner dumps her so he can attend Harvard Law. Determined to get him back, Elle ingeniously charms her way into the prestigious law school. While there, she struggles with peers, professors and her ex. With the support of some new friends, though, Elle quickly realizes her potential and sets out to prove herself to the world.
Audition Location: Stageworkz Theater Arts Project, 1035 Benfield Road, Millersville, MD.
Saturday, May 7 from 1 to 4 p.m. (3:30 p.m. is the last audition time slot)
Friday, May 13 from 5 to 8 p.m. (7:30 p.m. is the last audition time slot)
Callbacks: Saturday, May 14, times TBD.
Who Is Eligible: Auditions are open to new and previous Talent Machine Company members, ages 13 to 18 or graduating high school seniors.
Performance Dates: Friday, August 5 through Sunday, August 14.
Below are the details you will need to know to register and prepare for your audition. We look forward to seeing you!
To Register for an Audition
- Registration: Register for a time slot by emailing the following information to TMCteen@gmail.com.
- Auditioner’s name
- Auditioner’s birth date and age
- Auditioner’s and/or parents’ email addresses
- Requested audition time (indicate the date and time slot preferred. Time slots are in 30-minute increments).
- Annual Membership Fee: A $5 annual membership fee is due at the time of the audition.
What to Prepare
- Auditioners should arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled audition time, with completed forms, a head shot or recent photo, and a complete list of any conflicts that would prevent you from attending a rehearsal. Examples of conflicts are dance classes, voice lessons, sports practices and games, work schedules, school trips, school concerts, church, school admission testing dates and open houses, family commitments, camps, and vacations that cannot be changed. You are expected to be available for rehearsals on any of the dates not listed.
- Come prepared to sing approximately 16 measures of a song that shows your vocal range with pre-recorded music on a tape, CD or digital recording (phone, computer or other electronic device). It should be Karaoke-style (no words), cued to where you want to start to sing. We prefer that you not sing a capella.
- Auditioners should wear attire appropriate for movement and dance. Dance shoes, character shoes and sneakers are acceptable. No open-toed shoes, flip flops or bare feet are allowed.
- Cast Members: Participation in a Talent Machine production is a major commitment. Be sure that you are prepared to commit to all rehearsals and mandatory dates before you audition.
- Parents: For the parents of cast members, there is also a time commitment. The Talent Machine Company is an all-volunteer organization. We rely on parents to provide much-needed support to make each production a success. A parent of each cast member is required to:
- Attend two mandatory meetings per production.
- Attend costume parades.
- Volunteer time to support the production through one of the many committees.
- Ensure that their cast member arrives to rehearsal prepared.
- Provide costume support for their cast member as determined by the costume committee.
Please be sure you, as a parent, are also aware of the commitment to the production before your child auditions.
Summer Teen Show 2022 Details
- Rehearsals: Saturdays and Sundays, weekday evenings (TBD), possible weekday (TBD). We will be looking closely at all conflicts, as these may have an impact on casting.
- All tech rehearsals and performances are mandatory. Once we have finalized these dates, we will provide updates. Tech week will start on Friday, July 29.
- Performances will be Friday, August 5 through Sunday, August 14.
If you have any questions, please email Judy Curbelo at TMCteen@gmail.com or call or text a message to 301-452-8216.
The Talent Machine Company, Inc.
P.O. Box 6418
Annapolis MD 21401
for inquiries about our holiday show.
for inquiries about our teen show.
for inquiries about our youth show.
Stay in Touch
Join our mailing list to receive important announcements about upcoming shows, auditions and special events. We look forward to welcoming you into our Talent Machine family.
“The Talent Machine fosters relationships that last well beyond the run of the shows. Older cast members are role models and mentors for the younger cast. Parents are also deeply involved in every aspect of the production and we have the chance to spend time with our children and form strong bonds with other parents. My son, Logan, and I have met some of our very best friends through Talent Machine.”
Mari Ann Donnelly
“The Talent Machine Company gives audiences a theatrical experience that is not only captivating, it also transforms you from your seats and catapults you into the show.”