Auditions for the Company’s two 2021 summer shows have already been held, but below is general information about Talent Machine auditions – how to register, what to prepare, and what to expect. Sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Facebook for regular information about upcoming shows and audition schedules. The next scheduled production is our annual holiday show, with auditions in September.
General Audition Information
- Membership Fee: Talent Machine requires a $5 annual membership fee (due at the time of the audition).
- Registration: Once auditions are posted, register for a time slot by emailing the following information to the email indicated in the audition promotion.
- Auditioner’s birth date and age
- Requested audition time
- Auditioner’s email address
- Parent’s email address
What to Prepare
- Auditioners should arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled audition time, with completed forms, a head shot or recent photo, and a complete list of any conflicts that would prevent you from attending a rehearsal. Examples of conflicts are dance classes, voice lessons, sports practices and games, work schedules, school trips, school concerts, church, school admission testing dates and open houses, family commitments, camps, and vacations that cannot be changed. You are expected to be available for rehearsals on any of the dates not listed.
- Come prepared to sing approximately 16 measures of a song that shows your vocal range with pre-recorded music on a tape, CD or digital recording (phone, computer or other electronic device). It should be Karaoke-style (no words), cued to where you want to start to sing. We prefer that you not sing a capella.
- Auditioners should wear attire appropriate for movement and dance. Dance shoes, character shoes and sneakers are acceptable. No open-toed shoes, flip flops or bare feet are allowed.
- Cast Member: Participation in a Talent Machine production is a big time commitment. Be sure that you are prepared to commit to all rehearsals and mandatory dates before you audition.
- Parents: For the parents of cast members, there is also a time commitment. The Talent Machine Company is an all-volunteer organization. We rely on parents to provide much-needed support to make each production a success. A parent of each cast member is required to:
- Attend two mandatory meetings per production.
- Attend costume parades.
- Volunteer time to support the production through one of the many committees.
- Ensure that their cast member arrives to rehearsal prepared.
- Provide costume support for their cast member as determined by the costume committee.
Please be sure you, as a parent, are also aware of the commitment to the production before your child auditions.
The Talent Machine Company, Inc.
P.O. Box 6418
Annapolis MD 21401
for inquiries about our holiday show.
for inquiries about our teen show.
for inquiries about our youth show.
Stay in Touch
Join our mailing list to receive important announcements about upcoming shows, auditions and special events. We look forward to welcoming you into our Talent Machine family.
“The Talent Machine fosters relationships that last well beyond the run of the shows. Older cast members are role models and mentors for the younger cast. Parents are also deeply involved in every aspect of the production and we have the chance to spend time with our children and form strong bonds with other parents. My son, Logan, and I have met some of our very best friends through Talent Machine.”
Mari Ann Donnelly
“The Talent Machine Company gives audiences a theatrical experience that is not only captivating, it also transforms you from your seats and catapults you into the show.”