The Talent Machine Company
for our Teen production of
Children of Eden
From musical theatre greats, Stephen Schwartz and John Caird, comes a joyous and inspirational musical about parents, children and faith… not to mention centuries of unresolved family business! An expansive and ambitious musical, the original production used a cast of sixty. Adam, Eve, Noah and the “Father” who created them deal with the headstrong, cataclysmic actions of their respective children. The show ultimately delivers a bittersweet. but inspiring. message: that “the hardest part of love… is letting go.” A large cast is needed to take on the story of the Old Testament in this moving, foot-stomping musical. Children of Eden is a wonderful show for faith-based groups looking for a large-scaled pageant with sweeping music.
Director: Bobby Smith
Music Director: James Woods
Choreographer: Vicki Smith
We have chosen to accept online audition videos for the initial auditions,
If you are between the ages of 13 and 18, and are interested in auditioning for Children of Eden,
Please e-mail your name and age to:
To know what we will be anticipating: Once we send you the instructions and details regarding your audition, we will request you to complete an online audition form and submit 2 videos.
One will be a video of your vocal audition (you singing to your background music), and when we send you the audition details, we will send you a video of the audition dance combination to learn- and you will submit a video of you doing that dance combination.
We will begin sending you instructions and details regarding the audition submissions on, or before, Monday, April 20.
May 10 will be the last day initial auditions for Children of Eden will be accepted.
For Ages 13 to 18 (or summer after senior year of high school)
11 Roles + Large Ensemble
Callbacks (by invitation)
All tech rehearsals and performances are mandatory.
Mandatory tech rehearsals will be:
August 1 – August 6
August 7 – August 16
Here is what you need to know to audition:
- Be prepared to sing, approximately 16 measures – showing your vocal range -with pre-recorded music on tape or cd – Karaoke style -no words – cued to where you start to sing.
- Be prepared to dance (wear appropriate clothing and footwear.)
- We request a photo if possible (any kind) to attach to your audition form.
- We request your “conflicts” – dates, including weekends and holidays, that you will not be available to attend rehearsals. Examples of conflicts are dance classes, voice lessons, sports practices and games, work schedules, school trips, school concerts, church, school admission testing dates and open houses, family commitments, camps, and vacations to the extent these cannot be changed. You are expected to be available for rehearsals any dates not listed.
- Parents will be asked to list areas they would like to help with the production. Examples are set construction, publicity, costumes, box office.
- No conflicts will be accepted during tech week or on performance dates.