The Talent Machine Company announces auditions for our Youth Summer show, Willy Wonka *
(Subject to change based on availability of rights)
Children ages 7 through 14 years old are encouraged to audition.
Director: Katie Peacock,
Music Director: Cyndi Wallman,
Choreographer: Whitney Green
Based on the beloved Roald Dahl tale, this comedic and fantastical show follows young Charlie Bucket and his Grandpa Joe as they join a small group of contest winners who get to tour the magical and mysterious factory of eccentric candy maker Willy Wonka. Aided by his diminutive Oompa Loompa workers, Wonka has a hidden motivation for the tour, one that he will reveal only after the children in the group show their true colors.
Saturday, April 4th – Time to be determined
Sunday, April 5th – Time to be determined
Saturday, April 11th – Time to be determined
Callbacks (by invitation) will be on Saturday, April 18 after 3:00 and Sunday, April 19, time TBD.
Our youth show summer performances will be at the MACC church in Davidsonville/Crofton.
Mandatory tech week:
Saturday, July 4th (10:00 am to 5:00 pm),
Sunday, July 5th (1:00 pm to 9:00 pm),
Monday, July 6th through Wednesday, July 8th (4:00 pm to 10:00 pm),
Thursday, July 9th (possibly 1:00 pm to 5:30 pm).
Friday, July 10 @ 7:30
Saturday, July 11 @ 2:00 pm (maybe) & 7:30 pm
Sunday, July 12 @ 2:00 pm & 6:30 pm
Friday, July 17 @ 7:30
Saturday, July 18 @ 2:00 pm (maybe) & 7:30 pm
Sunday, July 19 @ 2:00 pm.
All tech rehearsals and performances are mandatory.
Here is what you need to know to audition:
- All auditions are open to new and previous members, there is a $5.00 yearly membership fee due at the time of audition.
- Come prepared to sing, approximately 16 measures – showing your vocal range -with pre-recorded music on tape or cd – Karaoke style -no words – cued to where you start to sing.
- Be prepared to dance (wear appropriate clothing and footwear.)
- Bring a photo if possible (any kind) to attach to your audition form.
- Bring your “conflicts” – dates, including weekends and holidays, that you will not be available to attend rehearsals. Examples of conflicts are dance classes, voice lessons, sports practices and games, work schedules, school trips, school concerts, church, school admission testing dates and open houses, family commitments, camps, and vacations to the extent these cannot be changed. You are expected to be available for rehearsals any dates not listed.
- Parents will be asked to list areas they would like to help with the production. Examples are set construction, publicity, costumes, box office.
If you have already signed up and received an audition confirmation, you DO NOT need to register again.