The Talent Machine Company announces auditions for our Teen Summer show, Disney’s NEWSIES the Broadway Musical. Teens ages 13 through 18 years old are encouraged to audition (must be 13 at the time of auditions).
Director: Christine Martini
Music Director: Dennis Blair
Choreographer: Vicki Smith
Casting: Emily Cory
It’s time to carry the banner on your stage with Disney’s Newsies! Set in turn-of-the century New York City, Newsies is the rousing tale of Jack Kelly, a charismatic news kid and leader of a band of teenage “newsies.” When titans of publishing raise distribution prices at the news kid’s expense, Jack rallies newsies from across the city to strike against the unfair conditions and fight for what’s right!
Sunday, April 28th from 1:00 to 4:00 (last time slot 3:30 pm)
Saturday, May 4th from 9:00 am to 12:00 (last time slot 12:00 pm)
Invited Callbacks will be on Sunday, May 5th (Dance Callbacks in the morning and vocals after 1:00 pm)
Mandatory Tech Week Dates:
Saturday, August 3rd through Thursday, August 8th
August 9th – August 11th & August 15th – August 18th (multiple shows on August 11th).
Stageworkz Theater Arts Project
1035 Benfield Rd.
Millersville, Md 21118
Please fill out this form to reserve your audition time-slot for Newsies
Once you have registered for a time slot you will receive an email confirmation within 48 hours. If you have not received a confirmation within 72 hours, please check your junk mail. The conformation will come from TMCteen@hotmail,com. If you do not receive a confirmation, please email TMC at TMCteen@hotmail.com.Directions to Stageworkz
Here is what you need to know to audition:
- All auditions are open to new and previous members, there is a $5.00 yearly membership fee due at the time of audition.
- Come prepared to sing, approximately 16 measures – showing your vocal range -with pre-recorded music on tape or cd – Karaoke style -no words – cued to where you start to sing.
- Be prepared to dance (wear appropriate clothing and footwear.)
- Bring a photo if possible (any kind) to attach to your audition form.
- Bring your “conflicts” – dates, including weekends and holidays, that you will not be available to attend rehearsals. Examples of conflicts are dance classes, voice lessons, sports practices and games, work schedules, school trips, school concerts, church, school admission testing dates and open houses, family commitments, camps, and vacations to the extent these cannot be changed. You are expected to be available for rehearsals any dates not listed.
- Parents will be asked to list areas they would like to help with the production. Examples are set construction, publicity, costumes, box office.
If you have already signed up and received an audition confirmation, you DO NOT need to register again.