The Talent Machine Company will be holding auditions for their 2018 Holiday musical (ages 7-18)
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 9th 12:00 – 3:00 pm or
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 16th 12:00 – 3:00 pm
Important Notice to All Auditioners:
*Mandatory tech rehearsals will be: Saturday, December 1st, Sunday, December 2nd, Saturday, December 8th through Thursday, December 13.
*No conflicts will be accepted during mandatory tech.
*Please bring with you a list of all potential conflicts from September 23, 2018 through December 23, 2018.
*We will be looking very close at all conflicts during the month of November.
*We are reaching out to all parents of potential cast members to ask that if at all possible could they take off work on Wednesday, December 12th to assist with constructing the set at the theater.
- Friday, December 14th – 9:00 am, 12:00 pm and 7:30 pm
- Saturday, December 15th – 2:00 pm and 7:30 pm
- Sunday, December 16th – 2:00 pm and 6:30 pm
- Thursday, December 20th – 7:30 pm
- Friday, December 21st – 7:30 pm
- Saturday, December 22nd – 2:00 pm and 7:30 pm
- Sunday, December 23rd – 2:00 pm
Youth aged 7 through 18 are eligible to audition.
Please fill out the form below to reserve your audition time-slot for the Holiday Show
You should receive an email within 48 hours verifying your time-slot.
If you do not receive one, please first check you junk/spam folder to make sure. If you still do not have a conformation, send an email to Auditions
Auditions will be held at Stageworkz Theater Arts Project
1035 Benfield Blvd. Suite E
Millersville MD 21108
Here is what you need to know to audition:
- Auditions are open to individuals age 7 through 18.
- Auditions are open to new and previous members, there is a $5.00 yearly membership fee due at the time of audition.
- Auditioners should arrive 15 minutes prior to their scheduled audition time, with completed forms a head shot or recent photo and a complete list of any rehearsal/show conflicts between September 25th and December 22nd (including weekends and holidays, that you will not be available to attend rehearsals). Examples of conflicts are dance classes, voice lessons, sports practices and games, work schedules, school trips, school concerts, church, school admission testing dates and open houses, family commitments, camps, and vacations to the extent these cannot be changed. You are expected to be available for rehearsals any dates not listed.
- Come prepared to sing, approximately 16 measures – showing your vocal range -with pre-recorded music on tape or cd or digital recording– Karaoke style -no words – cued to where you start to sing. We prefer no a capella.
- Auditioners should wear attire appropriate for movement and dance. Dance shoes, character shoes and sneakers are acceptable. No open toe shoes, flip flops or bare feet are allowed.
- Participation in a production is a big time commitment. Be sure that you are prepared to commit to all rehearsals and mandatory dates before you audition.
- For the parents of cast members, there is also a time commitment. The Talent Machine Company is an all volunteer organization, we rely upon parents to provide the much needed support to make each production a success. A parent of each cast member is required to attend 2 mandatory meetings (for this production, one on Sunday, September 25th and one on December 10th). In addition a parent is required to attend costume parades, volunteer time to the production, ensure that their cast member arrives to rehearsal prepared, and provide costume support for their cast member as determined by the costume committee. Please be sure you, as a parent, are also aware of the commitment to the production before your child auditions.